/** Google Analytics JavaScript **/

Monday, April 09, 2007

Sometimes you have to love technology

I got an SMS on my phone today from one of Divya's friends (another Indicorps fellow who'd been at Bagar for a little while). She had been using this number initially, and I guess the person didn't know that her number had changed yet.

Anyways, got me thinking that I have very seperate groups of friends, some of whom may not have been updated by my e-mail, or my blog etc. And only keep in touch with very few to none of them via phone. Then I got thinking, I have some of them on facebook, and I know facebook has a blog. So why don't I at least copy the entry there?

Well this is where I HEART technology comes in. Facebook has this neato feature where you can just import a blog. So I just give it the URL to this blog (http://ashishinindia.blogspot.com), and bam, facebook imports it the next time it scans this address. Ain't that cool?

Also, on another note, things are going well. I'm trying this thing where I'm splitting up my days into two. Go to bed around 1 or so at night, wake up at 6 inevitably when the guys from the cafeteria come to deliver the chai (which, btw, I don't drink). So instead of trying to fight it, I'm just going to get up and start the guy. And then try to take a nap in the afternoon. This works well with the impending summer, where because of 48°C (120°F) weather, and the hot winds, its impossible to leave the house between 10am and 5pm.

Also, Lakshmi, the GDL team lead, has granted us Sundays off. Which is kinda exciting news - now we get a day to take it easy, and catch up on all the things that I promise myself to do but never get around to (running, writing emails, updating blogs, socializing with people in the town and nearby areas etc). More importantly, I can now do all this without feeling guilty about not woking on the project stuff :-)

Anyways, class about to start in 5 minutes. Will start in full swing on Wednesday. So long for now.

Adieu.

1 comment:

kabes said...

hahah! i saw your blog on facebook and realized that you'd FINALLY cottoned on!

secondly, with the rest of the junta taking siesta time in the afternoon anyway, why exactly WERE you trying to have a full day anyway????