/** Google Analytics JavaScript **/

Monday, July 31, 2006

In case you're wondering where I'll be for most of the next two years

My program starts off on Aug 15 (yes, the Indian Independence Day) in Ahmedabad, the western state of Gujarat. After a month of orientation with all the other fellows there, I move onto my project site in Bagar, Rajasthan. It is close to the district headquarters (Jhunjhunu). The nearest famous city is Pilani, famous for the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS).

To get a better feel for where I'll be, check out the following map on MSN Encarta. Bagar is just north-east of Jhunjhunu (spelt Jhunjhunun in Encarta).

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/mapcenter/map.aspx?TextLatitude=39.45&TextLongitude=-98.907&TextAltitude=0&TextSelectedEntity=39070&SearchEnc=false&MapStyle=Comprehensive&MapSize=&MapStyleSelectedIndex=0&searchTextMap=jhunjhunun&MapStylesList=Comprehensive

No comments: