/** Google Analytics JavaScript **/

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

btw

So a little background on what these photos mean (I was runing quite late last time):

This is a photo of a vendor selling cricket bats on the streets of Ahmedabad (near the Bhadra Kali fort area if you're familiar). The photograph to me is like your typical touristy one, and I took it completely by accident during the Amazing Race we did (see blog below). But to me it signifies the pace of life, the diversity/stratification of India. It's awesome yaar ;-)



This was my random act of kindness - one of the tasks during the amazing race. I helped a banana vendor push his cart for a bit. There were two carts, and one of the other guy on my team took the other one. His vendor seemed to be a little agitated about him doing it, mine was a little cooler about it. I kinda don't like it because the sentiment is such a shallow one - it's almost like a photo opp. Definitely going to remind myself not to take pictures just to make me feel better about myself. There's gotta be a stronger connection/emotion/reason behind it.



This is a picture of all of us on the first day. There's 21 fellows, and other staff members. There are some kids from a high school in the back. Our activity was to take 3-7 kids each on our very first day and take them to Gandhinagar Gardens and just hang out. Made some really strong connections, and had some jhakaas fun (jhakaas being a very Bombay term - I'm not exactly sure what it even means). Anyhoo - it rained, but it was just a great way to get of our shell and pretension - at least for me.


anybody know how to upload images to blogger?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW what a wonderful learning experience you are having! I love the pictures. I am certain that you will return to the States a changed man! Take care and keep on blogging!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Ashish.
Best wishes,
Niraj