/** Google Analytics JavaScript **/

Friday, September 15, 2006

Heading out for Bagar today

Yay for finally starting the project. It's been an absolutely inspirational month during Indicorps orientation. I was thinking about this yesterday during one of the lessons learned sessions from the staff/founders. If I was running this thing - then my job was almost done yesterday. I would have managed to find and bring some quite inspirational people that just want to serve their country. And I've prepared and provoked and inspired them in the last month. Now it's really upto them.

Anyhoo - that still doesn't take away from the excitement of finally beginning this journey. Although I must admit, right now I do have butterflies in my stomach. Then again, it might be the general Indian stomach syndrome (maybe I could come up with a catchy name for it - like General Abdominal Syndrome (GAS)).

I'm out for now. Will leave you with a few thoughts/quotes:

1.
"Kuch to karo yaar"


Loose translation "Dude, do something at least". Saw this on the t-shirt of some volunteer at Manav Sadhna (an NGO that is close to Indicorps). This has pretty much been my motto in the last week or two. It reverberates with me so powerfully, becuase maybe it encapsulates in 4 words why I came here, and what it is that I want to do.

2.
"Philosophers have interpreted the world n many different ways. The point, however, is to change it."

A 2-yr fellow/staff during orientation mentioned this as his motto. Pretty powerful quote in my mind.


3.
"Fear is not a good enough reason for you not to do something"

One of the staff members, who heard it from Mark and John of friendshipwithoutborders.org. Check out the video if you haven't.

3 comments:

Zephyr said...

Yeay. I hope you find everything you're looking for and more. Take care of yourself, send me a number and postal address. Hope to hear from you soon.

Anjum said...

it's been great, comforting, and inspiring to read your entries. keep writing and doing your best there, keep on makin us proud.. ;-)

Unknown said...

Ashish,

How we miss you! But my darling boy I think we have found your new calling! You could be a writer and do motivational seminars to encourage people to be kinder to their fellow man and to just do something! What a wonderful place this world would be if we all just learned to care about each other.
Your writings are so descriptive I feel like I am peeking from behind a tree and watching it all.
What a truly wonderful journey you are on. You are such a lucky young man and India is lucky to have you.
Take care and know that your California family is missing you and cheering you on. Can't wait to read more.
Love and hugs from
Papa Ray and Mama Kathy
xoxoxoxoxoxxo